Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Defiance in Grief

After spending time with the boys, and I realize that we rely on the memories of Tim to help us move through this time of our lives.  I find myself feeling anxious that I will lose my memories of him.   I don’t want to forget ANY of those moments.   I worry I will forget the sound of voice or his touch.    I don’t want to let any of it go.  When I think of  moving on without him, I feel VERY defiant.    Acceptance is obviously still a challenge for me and this goes back to my point that the stages of grief really are just guidelines on what you MIGHT experience.

"Death leaves a heartache difficult to heal;
Love leaves sweet memories no one can steal." 


Found On A Tombstone in Ireland, dated 1889:

No comments:

Post a Comment