Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stages of Grief

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.   Not sure about this but I feel it is a good guideline.   I have experienced ALL of these but not in this order and sometimes at one time.  I seriously oscillate from one stage to the other, often swinging back and forth between happy and sad, angry and calm.  (Sometimes in one day)     
Grief is defined as “deep sorrow” .    For me, depression is only one part of it.    From the day of his accident I have experienced anxiety and this is brand new to me.   It truly is like entering into a life as a new person and I just want things to go back to “normal”.    When I ask to go back, the answer is always NO……    I  think this is the most difficult to accept.  

No comments:

Post a Comment