Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Physical Effects of Grief

One of the most difficult things for me during this first year was the physical effects that grief has had on my body. Living with grief is hard enough; then, to have all these physical symptoms makes it even more difficult.   My body went through a trauma emotionally when I lost Tim and it went through the ringer physically as well.    Lost weight, gained weight, no energy, no motivation, anxiety, awful sleep patterns and lack of a healthy diet.   In general,  just not feeling well.     I understand this is “normal” but as I sit here at 3:20 in the morning I am wondering when I will make it to the gym and church tomorrow.  Knowing I need both, where will I get the energy or motivation from? 




No comments:

Post a Comment