Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Small steps....

When a woman loses her husband, she is often also losing her best friend, chauffeur, workout partner, or even handyman. Our husbands often fill multiple roles in our lives. Some of the more challenging things I have experienced that I thought may not be so big have been handling problems that come up.   Tim took pride in “taking care” of me in such a way, I did not have to worry about something challenging come up.   Today my anxiety set in when the washing machine stopped working.   Normally, superman would rush in and no worries, but not this time….   It was just me and I got angry as the pressure was turned on.   Good news for me is that I was able to settle down, take a deep breath, say a quick prayer, read the manual and fix the problem    I smiled and high fived myself!   It maybe small for some but it was a small step in the right direction for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment