Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

I wish you peace....

After experiencing my own grief I have become extra sensitive to others that experience their own personal loss.    I find that we often get confused about what to say and what not to say.    A sudden death is a shock to the system.   It’s the suddenness of it that’s just overwhelming. Hearing things such as “he is in a better place”, “it is God’s plan” and “Time will heal” was NOT helpful and frankly made me a bit angry.   Although the words spoken are all well intended, during this time you have so many different emotions and all you want is your loved one with you.  I found that the most helpful was expressing a simple sympathy and just being there.  Finding peace/comfort was and still has been the most difficult thing to come by so I now offer others the wish of peace during the most difficult time in their lives.  I have had several people in my circle that have experienced loss recently and while I could NEVER understand their loss I certainly can understand the heartache.  


I wish you peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment